Saturday, May 20, 2006

An interesting week

Having a great weekend so far; spent the morning at the gym, which was a great way of unwinding - have been doing way too little exercise lately. Last night went to see This is How it Goes, a Neil LaBute play on at Red Stitch. The play is sold out - so there's no point recommending it - but it is awesome. Another blast of LaBute misanthropy and/or misogyny. I think his more recent works (or at least those I've seen more recently) have been anti-everyone, whereas I feel his earlier work displayed a pretty heavily misogynistic worldview. Or a parody of one. It's sort of hard to tell.

In other news, this week I've been helping Mike and Ben from gnoos deal with the investment offers coming their way, was in Court a couple of times and I completed my Masters essay on whether there is any difference, in a moral sense, between killing and letting die. I think they are morally identical (for reasons it takes 5,000+ words to explain).

M is off to China for about 10 days, starting late next week, so have been spending time with her and am presently trying to think up something fun for us to do tonight. Um. Am feeling slightly uninspired, but presumably I'll come up with something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tyson

I just spent 15 minutes reviewing your entertaining and informative site. Especially love the hot bikini shots of your girlfriend M.

I note that you habitually name-drop your high profile tech friend Ben Barren. But you don't appear to mention any of your other friends - particularly those who hang out with you at the film festivals you talk about so endlessly, and whose birthdays you missed when you went off jetsetting on your Thailand holiday you talk about even more interminably... Guess mentioning them won't get you as much cred in the net world, heh?

ps - your comments about "This Is How It Goes" are sadly misguided.