Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Mediations, Arbitrations and Opes Prime

Possibly one of my favourite stories of all times in today's The Age - and presumably also in the Herald Sun but I haven't checked.

The quote to end all quotes:

Mr Gatto's private company, Arbitrations & Mediations - which he says makes "problems disappear" - has in the past been engaged to deal with feuds on Melbourne construction sites.

Yesterday, Mr Gatto told The Age: "These Opes Prime clients can take their chances and lose all their money to lawyers and to the receivers, or they can take their chances with me to extract a return on their behalf.

"The proof is in the pudding with me. I solve problems … It's my way or the highway".

and later in the article:

Barrister Nicola Gobbo confirmed that Mr Gatto - the man who shot dead underworld hitman Andrew "Benji" Veniamin in 2004 and was later acquitted of murder on the grounds of self-defence - would be travelling overseas to try to track down money and shares related to Opes Prime.

Asked about Mr Gatto's clients, she said: "Some would be described as business people, if you very loosely used the term 'business people'.

No comments: