Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fairly random thoughts on films

Is it just me, or do the ads for the new film Little Man look almost supernaturally unfunny. I would not see it unless I was tied down and my eyes held open (clockwork orange style).

Rewatched Kill Bill 2 last night. Even better than I remembered it - Tarantino is almost a parody of himself at times, but he does it better than anyone else. And everything about the film is so ridiculously overdone - and it all works.

Geez I hope A Scanner Darkly is as good as I want it to be. Which is a surefire recipe for disappointment. I'm a bit concerned that the film isn't based on the Charlie Kaufman script - his script was very faithful to the book and I thought would have worked well - not sure what Linklater's script will be like. Anyway, I'll find out at the Melbourne Film Festival in a couple of weeks.

No comments: