Friday, September 05, 2008

Blogstats

Blog stats are funny/weird. And very much so at the tail end of the long tail.

Feedburner tells me I've had 1,440 visits in the past 30 days and that I have had 21 subscribers (on average) over that time.
Sitemeter tells me that in August 2008 I had 702 visits, with 81 thus far in September.
Technorati still tells me I'm pretty much irrelevant.

Feedburner also tells me that 758 visitors came via a google search for "Rachael Taylor" (ie the Aussie actress who's girl #2 in Transformers).

Nice to know people appreciate my political insights and miscellaneous rants.

Google just totally dominates. I know that's trite but it is still true. Well over 90% of visits to my blog, it appears, are derived from google searches. Well well over 90%.

From Feedburner site analysis:

Top Search Engines

Search EnginevisitsTrend
Google Image Search991 +325%
Google Search84 -43%
AOL Search5 +67%
Google BlogSearch3 +200%
Yahoo Search1 -90%

No comments: