Sunday, April 15, 2007

Allen keys and more

As I sit on my couch typing, M is putting together a large, expensive floor lamp which was a wedding present. She is complaining a little, but I know she loves putting things together - it is in her genes as a third-generation engineer. Whilst as a lawyer I am pretty happy watching her do it and making witty / annoying comments.

In recent years I've watched many items of furniture being assembled; it is clear that we live in an Ikea world - even if we never actually buy anything from Ikea.

It is virtually impossible to buy any large item without [sorry for the interruption - I just had to go hold the lamp while M screwed something in] having to do most of the assembly work yourself (or, in my case, sitting around while your wife does most of the work).

A combination of European design and Chinese workmanship ensures hours of fun for the whole family... so long as you have the right Allen key.

No comments: