Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fiji coup

I'm not the only one curious about the coup in Fiji - looking at my blog stats, I've had a few visitors this afternoon searching for news about the coup. Which tells me that my blog is being indexed very promptly intdee

So...
Latest ABC article - Bainimarama has now declared that he's taken over the country as of 6pm today local Fiji time (ie. one hour ago at the time I write this).
Meanwhile, fijilive is also reporting that Bainimarama has taken over the government, that Commander Voreqe is the new head of state, that Dr Jona Senilagakaliis the caretaker prime minister and that Bainimarama did not intend to arrest anyone.
Also on fijilive, Qarase insists he will not resign and that he's still prime minister.

Check out gnoos for the blogosphere's take on it all.

No comments: