Saturday, September 02, 2006

7 on a motorbike!

today in phnom penh I saw 5 adults and 2 babies on a motorbike - the record so far.  a family of 4 is commonplace (as is a man laden with a full load of building materials) but nevertheless 7 remains noteworthy...
 
Also today, I experienced the worst road of my life on the way to the Killing Fields.  Our tuk-tuk shook, rattled and almost rolled and I hit my head on the roof while screaming "brace!" through gritted teeth to M before each particularly bad bump I could see coming up on the dirt road.  Given that it appeared to be a road relatively frequently used by locals and is the road to a major tourist attraction, it was unbelievably bad.  My first real taste of why Cambodia is described as having one of the world's worst road systems.

No comments: