Tuesday, August 02, 2005

MIFF etc

2/3 of the way thru' the 2005 Melbourne Film Festival and my enthusiasm is not even close to waning. Admittedly I've gone soft; have only seen 16 so far (way below my usual average but I have excuses - am very busy trying to get ready for holiday and for the Bar).
Have seen some really good films so far - One Night In Mongkok, 7-iron, Look Both Ways, Little Fish, Enron: the Smartest Guys in the Room, Mysterious Skin etc - but none (except possibly Mysterious Skin) could be classified as a great film. Nothing to compare with great films of festivals past - eg. Blue Gate Crossing, Oldboy, Bad Guy, ...
On secondment this week at an unnamed major Australian corporate. Funny being in a corporate environment as opposed to the 'professional services' environment I'm used to. I think it will be ok - the work is certainly easy enough.
Having a wisdom tooth removed tomorrow - so any good vibes sent in my direction will be much appreciated.

No comments: