Thursday, May 29, 2008

new BRW Rich 200 List:: first thoughts

The 2008 BRW Rich 200 magazine was released this morning.

I am generally a keen reader of the Rich List (my local newsagent noted that I was the first customer to purchase the magazine this morning). Unfortunately due to work pressures I haven't had a chance to read it properly yet.

My first thought is that this is finally the year a Macquarie banker makes the list - Allan Moss, the very-recently-retired former CEO. It has puzzled me for years now that the Macquarie guys can pull in $20m+ / year over a long period (and presumably it doesn't all go on lifestyle) but not make the list. Moss (at $225m) still looks low to me.

Nick Moore? David Clarke? Bill Moss? I'm looking at you guys. What are you doing with it all?

more later...

No comments: