Tuesday, January 08, 2008

random

So... since my last post I've been:
- working too hard through most of December
- on the gold coast (doing not much)
- in Byron Bay and environs (doing not so much again)
- at the cricket - 4th day of the Boxing Day test
- looking for somewhere to live
- hosting a new years' dinner
- lunching with D & K - who have arrived from Holland
- in Court
- working
- drinking coffee
- at K&P's wedding
- seeing I Am Legend and The Darjeeling Limited

I liked The Darjeeling Limited a lot more than M did. Great production design, some great dialogue, amusing juxtapositions etc. But you do get the feeling Wes Anderson is becoming more self-referential than is good for him.

I Am Legend has lots of good stuff about it: again, great production design and a pretty good performance by Will Smith. But it felt like there was too much left unexplained for my liking (not unexplained in a good way - just unexplained) and the ending was deeply unsatisfying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyson
It was nice of you guys to come round yesterday
Thanks for returning the dvds
You didn't mention you'd seen Darjeeling Ltd
I still haven't managed to see it yet
I am intrigued
I loved Tennanbaums but hated Life Aquatic
I'm glad you managed to have a proper break over new years

Hope we can call have dinner soon
We should go to Kamel :)

Anonymous said...

i saw a preview screening of
3:10 to yuma last night
it really wasn't bad
i studied the western at uni
and i was honestly impressed
russel was in his element
and i really liked peter fonda
alan tudyk was a suprise that made me smile
charlie wilson's war next monday
fun fun fun