Thursday, October 05, 2006

ie7

Am trying out Internet Explorer 7...

It's certainly a huge improvement from the previous version - not that this is such an achievement, as I think I heard that the Beatles played the launch party for ie6. Obviously the tabbed browsing (ripped off from Firefox) is good, and the user interface seems better (though IMHO it is likely to date badly). Oh - and there's the (Firefox-ripoff) search window in the top-right corner.

There is absolutely no doubt it remains slower than Firefox, however - and this is a biggie. For me to use a slower browser I would need to see some compelling new features - and I don't see any. At best, it seems to catch up with the current Firefox. But slower.

1 comment:

Newtronic said...

One cool thing about the search bar you mention is that it's based on OpenSearch technology. If you go to www.opensearchlist.com, you can find hundreds of searches and easily add your own.