Saturday, September 03, 2005

The next stage

So I'm back... and have started the Readers' Course. By mid-November I'll be a barrister. Yes, that is TOTALLY different to being a barrista - No I'm not going to explain how.
The holiday was amazing - and it was so much more than I could get across in my groupmails. A series of fascinating experiences in cities, villages, temples, jungle, beach etc etc. For example, we had an amazing day visiting a festival in a small village a few hours north of Luang Prabang in Laos and a really good day in Singapore on our way home.
Anyway, I can already tell the Course is going to be a huge experience for me. It is very intense, lots of work and high expectations, but I feel pretty confident I will thrive - I just need to make sure I keep my reading up and my mind open to take it all in.
Will blog a few photos from my trip then will stop for the moment - will update asap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do people who are Barristers have to do a course - whereas people who are Barristas can just start work immmidiately without having to study for it?